2 tier gout support.

Stopping Gout Together Forums GoutPal Suggestion Box 2 tier gout support.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keith Taylor
      Participant

I’ve just had this idea about improving gout support. I’ve not given it too much thought yet. I want to discuss it with my fellow gout sufferers about the best way to implement it.

At the moment, members can mark topics as Support Requests, which increases their priority. Support topics are mixed in the general help forum. This includes non-questions, and questions with so little information, they can’t be considered real gout questions.

I suggest we change ‘Please Help My Gout’ to ‘General Gout Discussion’. Then, add new support forums – 1 for each Gout Group.

This would need explanation pages. 1 of those would be a Priority Gout Support explanation, with the 5 questions from the Gout Groups introduction article. Then, lots of forum links would need changing to reflect the choice of support levels.

What do you think about this suggestion?

GoutPal HelpDesk
      Participant

This is now under consideration. See more in Keith’s comment at Improving Help For Arthritis Sufferers.

That discussion is about GoutPal’s Arthritis Sufferer Group. But, the changes to the way we manage gout support affects all gout sufferers.

Do you have any thoughts about how you want your gout support delivered? Now would be a good time to share those thoughts. Add replies below, and you can influence better gout support for everyone.

Keith Taylor
      Participant

I’m minutes away from releasing a guide to the first steps for Arthritis Sufferers. It’s called Gouty Arthritis Sufferer Or Not?

I’m hoping that once I’ve got the first Gout Group started, I can quickly work through the others.

Part of the new guide deals with the issue where people do not want to discuss health problems in public. I’m determined to keep my advice public so that everyone can benefit. But, it is perfectly reasonable to follow a trail of relevant website pages privately. Instead of getting personal help in my forum, private people can keep their own notes.

So, I will start producing reading list guides, and research recommendations, for each group. These will help people who want to remain private. They will also help people who are getting structured help here in the forums.

I’ve added this note here as a reminder to myself, more than a useful contribution to this thread.

But, as ever, I appreciate any thoughts you have on improving the quality of support.

What would you like to see in a reading and research guide? โ“

Keith Taylor
      Participant

I have now implemented 2-tier gout support. The tiers are Casual Gout Help and Structured Gout Help.

Casual Gout Help is the usual gout forum. Ask whatever questions you like about gout, whenever you like. Optionally, you can add a Personal Gout Diary to help you organize your gout facts, management progress, and forward plans.

Structured Gout Help adds step-by-step advice to help you manage gout in a logical way. You must have a GoutPal Gout Diary before you can start structured help.

This suggestion is now closed for further comments. If you have any ideas about improving GoutPal gout support services, please add them to GoutPal’s Suggestion Box.

Viewing 3 reply threads

The topic ‘2 tier gout support.’ is closed to new replies.