Analogies image

Gout Analogies

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keith Taylor
      Participant

Do you think analogies help you understand gout better? Or, are they just pointless attempts to explain concepts in the wrong way? In either case, I’d love to know your opinions. Especially, if you have your own analogies that I might borrow.

I’m going to kick this off with:

Thinking gout diet is all about food purines, is like thinking road safety is all about vehicle speed.
      Analogies image
      Remember, this suggestion box is for improving general information for all gout sufferers. If you want personal help on your gout diet or any other aspect of your own gout, please ask in the main gout forum.

Keith Taylor
      Participant

I just thought of another gout analogy. Because, they often pop into my head when I’m trying to understand why people develop crazy notions about gout. Such as when I’m thinking about the wonders of natural alternatives to allopurinol.

So, I was thinking of people avoiding allopurinol when they have gout pain. Although, this applies to all forms of XOI.

As I have often said, there’s no point in avoiding uric acid treatment just because you have a gout flare. But, the gouty myth persists. Therefore, today’s gout analogy is:

Avoiding allopurinol when a gout flare visits, is like hiding the birth control pills when your friend brings her baby round.

When you understand that. You understand gout.

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.