Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Gout

Parathyroid tumor and gout. How are they linked?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Parathyroid tumor and gout. How are they linked?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Toni Lee

Does anyone know how a parathyroid tumor and gout correlate? I believe it can give u gout but once removed does gout go away?

Sent from my iPhone

Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Gout

Thyroid and Parathyroid locations

Keith Taylor
      Participant

Hi Toni,

I hope you can tell me more about your parathyroid tumor. Because I’m a gout sufferer with no medical training. So I want to make sure I’m researching the right disease interactions for you.

I have limited information about thyroid problems linked to gout. Now I’m guessing that I need to expand that to cover your thyroid disease. So, if you tell me about your parathyroid disease I can focus my research on the right area.

Toni Lee

Hi there itโ€™s parathyroid not thyroid. I had a para removed very high calcium in the body.

Since removal, I have had many gout attacks. Also, I have read parathyroid can cause gout attacks because of calcium being so high.

Sent from my iPhone

Alice Rolfs
      Participant

I read somewhere but don’t remember where that a large number of Gout sufferers have hypothyroidism. Not sure where they got their facts but there it is.

Keith Taylor
      Participant

Thanks Toni and Alice for your experiences. But I really need to know where you read the parathyroid and hypothyroidism information before I can comment on it.

Do you have any Internet page links? Or article titles?

Chase Maclennan
      Participant

I have read online that hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism can partly cause gout. Both can influence blood sugar levels. Gout is associated in dis-regulated blood sugar levels and diabetes.

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.