Milk Thistle Herbal Medicine for Gout photo

Milk Thistle Gout Supplements – Reliable or Scam?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Milk Thistle Gout Supplements – Reliable or Scam?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Carl

Hi there my name is Carl, I own uriciplex.com

I was wondering if you would like me to send you some Uriciplex samples, so you can see how affective it is. Let me know if you would like some and where you would like me to send it.

Also I would be very grateful if you would link to us from this content, it would help us as we would love a link from yourselves, but I am sure it would also benefit you and your readers also

Kind Regards
      Carl

Keith Taylor
      Participant

Hi Carl,

Sorry for my delay in responding to you. What are your thoughts about Should Charivertising be a word?

For your kind offer of free samples, that would be a great way to kickstart my idea. Personally, I don’t need Uriciplex. But, I’m sure there are other GoutPal members who would be interested.

Keith Taylor
      Participant

I’ve been researching milk thistle, which is one of the ingredients in Uriciplex. Because there has been a very interesting breakthrough in how an additional herbal extract can work in combination to reduce uric acid.

But first, let me have a rant about the milk thistle supplement market. Because it seems to be populated entirely by dodgy claims, exploitative marketing tactics, and poor research. So I’m reminded of a post in the old forum (How weak is Uricinex). Because it was a seemingly credible tale of gout woe. But in the middle of it, the poster added a claim that his doctor put him on Uricinex! Anyway, such behavior is best forgotten. But why do these products attract such weird behavior?

OK rant over. The real point of this update is to draw attention to some very interesting gout research proving that milk thistle when added to berberine, creates a potent herbal uric acid treatment. So read Berberine and Milk Thistle for Gout and share your thoughts here.

nobody
      Participant

Thanks for this update.
      This italian pill seems to have enough of an effect on uric acid that it could be used to treat some of the obese gout sufferers who get side effects from allopurinol and febuxostat. If this was the first published study about this, I hope it won’t be the last!
      One problem with these pills is their price. Allo is of course much cheaper but, based on the prices I see on the web, even febuxostat is cheaper.

Keith Taylor
        Participant

I entirely agree. Because I got quite excited when I first read the report. Especially when I considered this is not a real gout trial. So safe dosing might be high enough for many sufferers. Too early to say.

I didn’t study pricing because if it becomes accepted then it will be same price as everything else in the UK. But for the important people in the USA I should do more research. I’m thinking that a good quality product using the best ingredients should not be too expensive at commercial quantity.

chris mousel
      Participant

Dairy Extract Pills?

While reading update material, I became aware of the product mentioned in my title.
      Is there a brand name associated with the non-protein dairy pills available for consumption in lowering SUA levels?
      Thanks

nobody
      Participant

Sorry, I was mistaken. I looked it up and it turns out milk thistle is actually a plant! Maybe I should qualify my statements more carefully next time I’m working from old memories…
      There have been studies using dairy extracts other than protein but I’m not remembering any other pill than the one which doesn’t actually contain dairy… which isn’t to say that there’s no such pill of course. And if you’ve got no particular reason to avoid dairy protein, you can use regular dairy extracts.

nobody
      Participant

I did find random pills purported to contain orotic acid online. Unlike the milk thistle pills which seemed serious enough, I can’t recommend them and so won’t link to them but there you go: there actually are pills containing compounds other than protein normally found in dairy and known to lower uric acid. ๐Ÿ™‚ I should note that there is a concern about the carcinogenic effects of high doses. Best case scenario: you would only get a small fraction of the benefits of dairy so better consume regular dairy products if you can tolerate them both physiologically and ethically.

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.