Reply To: Alternative Cures for Gout or Pseudogout

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Alternative Cures for Gout or Pseudogout Reply To: Alternative Cures for Gout or Pseudogout

GoutPal Herbalist
Participant

You need to handle things in your own life first. You do what you can do.

If I had classic gout, I could diagnose it myself. Going to a doctor for some testing would be easy. If I have atypical gout or whatever, finding a doctor who knows what they are doing is not that easy. There are relatively few doctors who know anything about ME/CFIDS. Even though I had the disease 55+ years, I’d be hard put to recommend any to someone else. In most cases, one needs to travel to find one. Since I have had so many medical conditions, I run across many people who still can’t get a diagnosis or proper treatment even if it is a more familiar condition. So it is just not easy to walk out the door and go to a doctor. Then we get into pseudogout and that complicates things even further. Finding that doctor who thinks outside the box is not easy.

I have had high cholesterol my entire life but I ignore it since I know that it isn’t important but most doctors get brainwashed by the medical schools to think it needs to be lowered. Cholesterol is the body trying to repair itself. I even ignore the high blood pressure warnings outside of kidney function. People have been very seriously damaged by Statins drugs to boot. Even dentists are dangerous.

I’d say most doctors and dentists are sociopaths and they are driven by greed. Others are brainwashed and stick their heads into the sand. On top of that, the powers that be have WEAPONIZED conventional medicine just like they have weaponized the water, food and vaccines. The state medical license board is used to threaten or destroy any doctor who goes against this weaponization. I don’t view visiting a doctor as someone who is going to heal me. The kind of doctors I’d like to visit are deemed alternative so not covered by Medicare. Neither are their tests. I rarely use medicare except for chiropractors but I don’t even need them much anymore. It took me 4 decades before I realized I even had the trigeminal neuralgia because it was atypical and I had to do that on my own. Worse, their treatments would have been barbaric if I let them treat me. Most people live unaware of what is happening around them. The planet is a very dangerous place to get health treatment. I need to be expert at finding a true expert who knows something about something.

I remember reading somewhere that uric acid is highest upon awakening from sleep. My sleep patterns are fairly consistent most of the time. So I will do the test when I wake up before eating. I will take an average and try to eat at same times. I’d like to target a reading between 4 and 5.

My body weight is deceptive. I am 6’1″ (i shrank an inch). My weight is usually been around 255-260. That is a comfortable weight for me. Not sure what current weight is. I am slim. When I was 268, someone said to me that I look like I lost weight. Inactivity does not cause weight gain. I was swimming regularly about 6 months ago about 2 or 3 times a week. I have been inactive the last 6 months because I have been focused on researching and trying to solve health problems. I also don’t want to aggravate something until I understanding what is causing the problem. So I am hesitant about doing exercise until I know I am healing to managing the problem.

I suspect a lot of gout is being diagnosed as tendonitis because it is atypical. The alternative cures for tendonitis look suspiciously like gout cures although probably milder forms of gout.

>What you must never do is associate your test result with something you >consumed the previous day. If you suspect an association, it needs >fastidious, scientific testing.

this is something which will have to be approached from an empirical and self experimental perspective. scientific testing is not practical. i haven’t wrapped my brain around this issue yet so need to get some uric acid data first.

I think my first major symptom of gout was when I had difficulty reaching my hand from below my back and scratching it. Tendonitis supposedly has this symptom also. Before that I may have had some very slight pain on my upper arm but that is more vague.

I was thinking about that 24-hour urine test also as something that could tell me a lot. I need to know if the uric acid is actually getting out and whether I am an under producer or over producer. I figured that since i am aging, my body should be producing more. I read that 50% of people aged 90 have gout. Probably from all the dying cells in their body.

I have been minimizing my diet until I get the uric acid meter. I have been eating nuts like cashews, almonds, walnuts. I have also been eating sunflower seeds. Maybe little grain. I drink water with some alfalfa powder in it. These I eat as small meals since they are low in purines and contain some nonmeat protein too. Since they contain phytic acid, they can bind to minerals and never get absorbed. I add a main meal to that. Like I had shaved beef mixed with cheddar cheese, onions, peppers etc in a burrito shell so essentially a fajita.

I will edit this to add more info

I will look into this 24 hour urine test. Seems like next logical step.

I’ve come across the term “frozen shoulder” but that doesn’t look plausible. Another thing I have just realized is that on one shoulder, I notice that there is a spot on my bicep muscle towards shoulder that has main pain when I use that muscle for any shoulder movement. I also just realized I can rotate my shoulder more easily if I don’t use the bicep muscle or stretch it. I also remember that one shoulder area/bicep was fine until I slept on it because the other shoulder/bicep was in pain. Maybe focusing in on anti inflammatory stuff i am taking could heal it to where it is functional. Maybe nerve impingement too. I could have a chiropractor look at it.

… I found another spot on tricep muscle near shoulder.

There are usually more underlying causes even if it did restore function. Problems that you don’t have when your younger almost always have a deeper cause if your getting them at older age. I think the stat that 50 percent of 90 year olds have gout is a telling thing fact. Things break down in the body when you age. In the meantime, work around is fine until one can understand and address the deeper causes. I think there are many milder kinds of gout that aren’t being detected.

Just handle your own shit first.