Reply To: Painful feet! Is it Gouty Arthritis?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Painful feet! Is it Gouty Arthritis? Reply To: Painful feet! Is it Gouty Arthritis?

Irma Reitz
Participant

I have been reading your advise and recommendations of finding a rheumatologist and am trying to find one in my area. I live in a small town in the Western Cape, South Africa and have managed to locate one in a larger town 110 kilometers away. So I intend to collect my X-rays and blood tests to show the rheumatologist once I can get to see him. Is there anything specific I should ask when I see him? I am quite excited as it may be an end to this constant pain in my feet and ankles. I have started at the gym – Stationary bike and weights 3x weekly.
I will give you the Uric acid numbers when I get the tests back.
I take the following supplements and medication:-
Meds :-
Premarin o.625mg (conjugated oestrogen) 1 X daily evenings
Coxflam 7.5mg (meloxicam) 2 X daily – morning and evening
Piascledin?? 1 tablet daily mornings (soya & avocado extract for relief of osteoarthritis)
Paracetamol 500 with codeine. 1 tablet nightly (sometimes another during the night if in pain.

Supplements :-
Omega 3 – 500mg daily mornings
Turmeric Curcumin – 1000mg daily mornings
D3 – 400iu daily morning
Probiotic – 1 daily mornings
Vitamin C – 500mg daily mornings
Co-Enzyme Q10 – 50 mg 1 daily mornings
Supercal bone food – calcium/magnesium/zinc/manganese/boron/vit d3 1 daily evenings
Chelates Zinc – 22mg 1 daily evenings

I have on occasion used colchicine for a few days, which has helped when I’ve been really sore.

Thank you once again for your help. I am so grateful to have found your site. Keeping fingers crossed.

Irma