Reply To: Painful feet! Is it Gouty Arthritis?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Painful feet! Is it Gouty Arthritis? Reply To: Painful feet! Is it Gouty Arthritis?

Irma Reitz
Participant

Oh no! Pain back with a vengeance. Started taking the colchicine again yesterday 1 milligram daily, plus a new anti-inflammatory ‘Vimovo’ – ingredients 500mg naproxen 20mg esomeprazole, twice daily. Apparently this med has built in stomach protection. These were prescribed for my husband when he had a knee replacement and so I just had a repeat script filled for myself, after discussing this with the pharmacist. I had been taking an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory but it’s not strong enough. I know! I know! I shouldn’t do this but I’m not coping with the pain. I also take paracetamol with codeine as needed. I just can’t understand why the pain is so out of control as the moment. My feet have always been painful but now the pain on right foot, the top inside is unbearable. I’m going on holiday for 2 weeks and seeing rheumatologist when I get back. I can’t wait to start get a diagnosis and to start treatment to reduce the Uric acid.