Reply To: Gout Triggers: What Triggers my Gout Attacks?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout Triggers: What Triggers my Gout Attacks? Reply To: Gout Triggers: What Triggers my Gout Attacks?

Mark
Participant

I was just reading through this and saw Andrew’s post about the pain in the pads of the fingers. I have that too. My knees hurt, so I noticed the pain trying to push myself up to stand. I had the pain in my knees, ankles, elbows, wrists and fingers all at once (no feet) and then after one day of Naproxin the knees were OK. Now about a week, it’s mostly confined to my left elbow and left thumb joint at the palm. I bought a home test kit and immediately took two tests 7.4, 7.2. My blood work a week ago was 6.8. I haven’t had anything to drink except water and coffee in almost 2 weeks and I have been nearly vegetarian. I am 44 and do a lot of cycling, jogging, etc. I am very guilt when it comes to my alcohol (especially beer) intake levels in the past and that has stopped. Not skinny, but in the last two years, I’ve lost about 60 lbs. I am going to start doing the test in the morning after waking up and following the advice I have been reading here. I tried to talk to my doctor, but got an assistant and was simply told to call back in a week if the NSAIDs haven’t eliminated the problem. Keith, you already gave me a good response on the “normal” level of 6.8 and thanks for the responses the other day and thanks for running this forum.