Reply To: Gout sufferer with low blood pressure

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout sufferer with low blood pressure Reply To: Gout sufferer with low blood pressure

Pamela Webster

Thanks for your concern about the low blood pressure, but this is genetic, not a medical problem and is managed by eating regularly and avoiding foods which tend to lower the blood pressure. This is one of the problems when it comes to managing gout since almost all dietary advice assumes that the sufferer is overweight and has high blood pressure.
He is being treated for rheumatoid arthritis, and the gout is associated with this, but for ordinary people in Egypt visiting the doctor is not the casual pop-into-the-surgery’ occasion the way it is in UK and much of USA.
There is no regular work here nowadays, no Social Security, and in this case a visit to the doctor involves careful planning, a 500Km drive, and taking several days away from being available for work. In addition, medicines cost 2 or 3 times what they cost a couple of years ago (if they’re easily affordable then they’re made-in-China copies and seriously unsafe!).

I appreciate the comments about using allanopurin without medical advice, you’re right, not really worth risking.

I’m trying to find the best way of helping him manage the gout within the restrictions imposed by the social situation. I commute between UK and Egypt on a regular basis, so can bring foods and herbal remedies, but no prescription items.
Re Devils Claw, this is used for pain relief, it may or may not work in this case, but it’s always worth trying.

Regards,
Pamela