Reply To: General Gout Victim Discussions

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum General Gout Victim Discussions Reply To: General Gout Victim Discussions

Patrick
Participant

Ryan,

With no labs done prior to being prescribed Allopurinol and inducin, how can you be 100% convinced they caused the damage to your liver? First off, that is extremely irresponsible of your doctor to have even done that in the first place. I would hazard to say that a Day 1 med school student would even know that you should NEVER, EVER prescribe medication to a patient without having blood work, or personal data to eliminate any contraindications that patient may have. That’s just stupid and/or lazy.

I’m in no way a rep for a drug company, but some questions….how old are you? Are you in good physical condition? Do you have a family history of liver disease or liver problems (i.e. cirrohsis, hepatitis, hepatic issues)? Without data or blood work to substantiate underlying liver issues, it’s difficult to be 100% sure if Allopurinol/Inducin did that to you. It’s possible, don’t get me wrong, but if you had damage prior to being prescribed the medications, you should never have been given them in the first place….and that falls squarely on your doctor. Shame on him or her