Reply To: I’m desperate non stop gout attacks

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum I’m desperate non stop gout attacks Reply To: I’m desperate non stop gout attacks

KK D
Participant

Thank you for the response. This can can give me some hope. My doctor thinks it should have kicked in by now and doesn’t want me to go any higher on uloric dose she doesn’t know what to do therefore referring me to a rheumatoid arthritis physician. I started taking Urloic 4 months ago started 40mg it initially worked I had 10 days without an attack and my Uric acid level was 5.5 then After a week I started getting more attacks once a week. My doctor had me on 80 mg urloic but doesn’t want me to go any higher. I should have asked but I didnt. My attacks are relentless and are just days apart with each other. Colchasene used to work with me but it doesn’t any longer, why I don’t know. Prednisone works for only couple days not a good drug to be on. My last level check was 6.2. My doctor is internal medicine doesnt handle gout often. I may need to change physicians or the rheumatoid arthritis doctor may help as well. Either way you bring up a lot of good points I really hope an increase in Uloric will do the trick.