Reply To: I’m desperate non stop gout attacks

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum I’m desperate non stop gout attacks Reply To: I’m desperate non stop gout attacks

Keith Taylor
Participant

Uric acid in the 6 to 7 range is hell. You get old crystals dissolving. And, you get new crystals forming. Both those cause gout attacks. So, little wonder you are in constant pain.

Hopefully, your new doctor will prescribe an effective uric acid lowering treatment that gets you safely under 5. It’s not rocket science, so I don’t understand why every doctor can’t do this.

Unless uric acid is controlled properly, gout gets worse every day. That means it is harder to control the pain. That is why you see colchicine failing to stop gout pain completely. That is why, in serious gout attacks, I say it should be supported. An NSAID such as ibuprofen, naproxen, etc is good. Then, pain blocker such as acetaminophen/paracetamol. There are lots of combinations that work. Your doctor should review your medical history to suggest the best combination for you.

There is no excuse for gout pain in 2017. But, it needs clear analysis of the facts. And a flexible approach that is based on individual needs. I don’t know enough about you yet to suggest anything more specific.

Keep posting, and I’ll get to know you better.