Reply To: Can you have gout with normal uric acid levels?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Can you have gout with normal uric acid levels? Reply To: Can you have gout with normal uric acid levels?

Keith Taylor
Participant

Hi Jean,

Uric Acid Levels

So I can answer you properly, please can you clarify something for me?

You say your uric acid is at 308μmol/L. But, what’s your timeline of results and allopurinol treatment. I’m assuming that results were higher when you started allopurinol 2 months ago. But, what was your result then? Also, how long have you had excess uric acid. It usually takes at least 6 months for old uric acid crystals to dissolve. But, that depends on how long you’ve had high uric acid, how high it was, and how low you get it now.

Uric Acid and Gout

uric acid level measurement has very little to do with whether you have gout or not

I absolutely do not agree with that statement. Because, uric acid level is the main factor for gout diagnosis. To clarify, I’m not saying uric acid level is the only factor. But, it’s much more significant than “very little”. So, I can’t see how that statement can be justified. More importantly, it raises significant doubt in my mind that the medics saying it actually understand gout.

Gout Diagnostic Factors image

Which factors confirm your gout diagnosis?

Allopurinol & Heartburn

You might be able to reduce heartburn by experimenting with different times, relative to food. For example, before a meal, with a meal, or after a meal. Maybe try each option for a week. It’s not unusual to feel tired when you start uric acid lowering therapy. Because, your body has to deal with lots of changes. It’s usually tiring to recover from any disease.

Anti-inflammatory Gout Pain Relief

Finally, that’s a really strange dose of Celebrex (celecoxib). So, is there any reason why you’ve been prescribed that dosage, Jean?