Reply To: New Sufferer saying hello to Gout

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum New Sufferer saying hello to Gout Reply To: New Sufferer saying hello to Gout

Gavin Robinson
Participant

Thanks for replying Keith

Yep the battle with Uric Acid seems to be a daily struggle, i.e. today I’m back up to 0.39 so on the brink of the danger zone 🙁 I’m going to get in with the docs this week to talk about the options going forward and likely I’ll need to take the allopurinol as you say. At least that way I can aim to get somewhere near back to normal and it gives me some bandwidth to be able to get on a low cal diet and exercise properly (seems to set it off for me!). At the moment I just seem to be tracking between 0.37 and 0.4 and as soon as I go over 0.4 I get another attack so not sure what else I can do at the moment tbh. I’m nailing the ACV and tried the cherry juice (didnt seem to work for me) and obviously I’m completely off all meats, gravy, booze etc. as I just cant risk tipping over that 0.4 mark.

Naproxen wise, doc has told me to take 2X250mg as soon as it hits, then repeat every 4 hours until pain has gone. With this latest attack it does actually seem to have relieved the symptoms but previous attacks its either not had any effect or just taken the edge of it.