Just a few updates, With a lot of effort I finally managed to get myself to the hospital to do that blood test. Results are as follows:
Kidney function is fine, liver function is fine, uric acid has dropped from 388 to 336 as a result of moving up from 200mgs to 300mgs of allopurinol. I also saw my GP and explained that I’m in the middle of an attack that’s been going on for nearly 4 weeks and if I should move up to 400mgs per day. She agreed and said go for it. She also gave me a prescription for naproxen and said start that alongside your allopurinol increase to preempt any possibility of an attack.
I wanted your advice on if I should go for the 400mgs or if I should wait until I come out of this attack (If I ever do)..?
Or should I remain on the 300mgs of allopurinol and at a uric acid level of 336 and let debulking occur at a slower rate?
Finally, or should I wait longer and do another test after a week or so to see what the result would be then as it may actually be lower then 336?
(Baring in mind the 336 uric acid result is while I am in the middle of an attack)
Thanks as always mate.