Reply To: Gout or not? Tricky Gout Diagnosis

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout or not? Tricky Gout Diagnosis Reply To: Gout or not? Tricky Gout Diagnosis

nobody
Participant

Hi,

While 4.4 and 5.6 are equally close to 5, they are very different numbers when it comes to gout.
I don’t think you can absolutely rule out gout based on blood tests. It’s possible you might be suffering from gout even if you test under 5.6 twice in a row. But I guess gout would be a good bit less likely if your results averaged 5.4 rather than 5.8.
If your doctors aren’t sure what you’ve got, you might end up getting joint fluid tested as well as blood.

The followin sounds bad: “i didn t eat for a week,can t sleep. i m very stressed.”
And without losing sight of the importance of getting a good diagnosis, I also think more could have been done to help you with the symptoms.
I think you should try to eat right even if you don’t feel like it. You can make gout worse by not eating enough for too long.
You might also want to seek help specifically about the stress and insomnia even if these are only secondary symptoms because you’d have benefitted from sleeping more and being more relaxed regardless of what caused your distress.