Reply To: Allopurinol dosage and gout pain relief

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Allopurinol dosage and gout pain relief Reply To: Allopurinol dosage and gout pain relief

Ruben K
Participant

I typed a lengthy response and then lost it ugh.

I’d like to thank you guys for the replies. I appreciate it.

Keith, Colchicine and Naproxen have worked, but it’s been awhile since they’ve helped.

I had my first gout attack when I was in college and back then I was not thinking about daily medication. I agree that lowering SUA is extremely important because of the effects on the cardiovascular system. This is why i’m sticking to the drug therapy this time around. In the past I stopped because the flares were too brutal and nothing helped the pain. That’s why I went the natural route through diet and supplementation which worked for a good amount of time. I also have a genetic mutation (MTHFR) which plays role a in uric acid excretion.

My only concern is my dosage (100mgs twice a day) because of my really high levels of SUA I have a feeling this might not be enough. I know my target should be 5 & under, but how long does it take to get there if this is the correct dose? I will be getting blood work done in 2 to 3 weeks to see where I’m at.

Thanks again.

-Ruben