Reply To: Allopurinol dosage and gout pain relief

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Allopurinol dosage and gout pain relief Reply To: Allopurinol dosage and gout pain relief

Patrick
Participant

My only concern is my dosage (100mgs twice a day) because of my really high levels of SUA I have a feeling this might not be enough. I know my target should be 5 & under, but how long does it take to get there if this is the correct dose? I will be getting blood work done in 2 to 3 weeks to see where I’m at.

Ruben, I know I’m a litle late to the party here, but as Nobody says, the answer to your question is “nobody knows the answer to that.” Everybody’s body is different and unique, and based on a myraid of factors, a person’s Uric Acid is affected by a number of things. Body Mass Index, overall health, how long a person has had crystals in their body, etc.

You basically answered your own question when you say you will be getting your blood work checked in 2 to 3 weeks. This is the only way to know where you are at in regards to getting results. This is the ONLY way. No doctor, rheumotologist, GP, or internet friend, is going to give you a definitve hard line answer to your question based on the number of intangibles I stated in the paragraph above.

Keep doing what your doing, and follow up with periodic blood tests and you will see where you stand. Good luck and keep the forum posted.