Reply To: My gout diary (?)

Keith Taylor
Participant

I’m sorry about the confusion, Marc. I must find time to document this properly.

Your choice is Casual Gout Help or Structured Gout Help. In both cases, you can ask as many questions as you like. Or share experiences and opinions.

Casual is where you just ask questions whenever you feel like it. Then, other GoutPal members and I will try to answer them. Each question is fairly isolated from others. But, you can often save repetition of facts by linking to an earlier topic.

Structured is where I create a separate forum, just for your posts. The first advantage of that is, you can create topics to record daily gout symptoms, changes to gout medicines, test results, etc. And you can organize it however you like.

Secondly, you can start to ask more complicated questions that I can answer in a step-by-step manner. It’s a form of self-paced learning, where we don’t move on to the next step until you are happy with the current step. This is great for treatment plans, or to get a more in-depth view of a particular aspect of gout.

So, Marc, the choice is yours. You tell me which you prefer. Then, I’ll explain what we do next.