Reply To: Gout, Bunions, Allopurinol and more Questions

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout, Bunions, Allopurinol and more Questions Reply To: Gout, Bunions, Allopurinol and more Questions

Rebecca Nahid
Participant

Oh okay thank you just checking in case I use any unfamiliar terms on hete. Woke up in agony all swollen and red at joint. Saw my doctor she is putting me on 300mg. She says 100mg starting dose probably wasn’t high enough. I can use up my existing tablets. She said she was not worried about increasing my dose as my blood test results showed my liver and kidneys working brilliantly.

One thing did annoy me. She said I should stop taking Allopurinol during an attack but previous doctors said “no never stop it” she then looked it up on her computer and it said carry on taking it which I think annoyed her a bit! I will carry on the allopurinol but only at the 100mg til the attack subsides then start on 300mg does that sound ok?

I asked about seeing a rheumatologist and she said there would be no point. I am looking down the line at bunion surgety but she said it would be foolish to touch that area now as could make matters worse!