Reply To: Gout, Bunions, Allopurinol and more Questions

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout, Bunions, Allopurinol and more Questions Reply To: Gout, Bunions, Allopurinol and more Questions

Keith Taylor
Participant

I based my “no clue” opinion on recent posts to this convoluted thread, including responses to my view on allopurinol dosing at https://goutpal.net/forums/topic/question/#post-4625

I’m sorry if I’ve missed something, but I gained the impression that you were unhappy with your doctor randomly changing your dose from 100 to 300 without proper blood tests and a clear target.

Unfortunately, this is what happens in the casual gout help area compared with a structured help plan. Especially when we get at least 4 threads within a single topic (bunions, allopurinol dosing, gout footwear, and side effects). Because it is easy for me to miss salient points.

In any case, the only controversy for me is moving from 100 mg to 300 mg without professional scrutiny of blood test results for uric acid, kidney function, and liver function.

So, if you had that scrutiny, but I missed the point somewhere, I suggest you simply get on with the 300 mg dose. But, if you have questions about that, then start new topic(s).

On the other hand, you might still be wary of moving to 300 mg now. If so, please start a new topic on that subject.

Whichever is your best choice, please remember, there is never a “best way” to recover from gout. Only, the best way for you, or for any other individual gout patient. Which is why doctor’s struggle to deal with gout patient relationships. Because they never have enough time to discuss individual needs and preferences.

My struggle is slightly different. Because I need to learn about each GoutPal member’s unique history, aspirations, and current situation. Only when you teach me about those things can I give you the best personal help.

Learning Gout Together image

Let’s learn about your gout together.