Reply To: I need to stay off Google for Gout

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum I need to stay off Google for Gout Reply To: I need to stay off Google for Gout

Keith Taylor
Participant

Yes, d_q, I hope more people ask more questions here (the gout forums generally rather than this topic). But, searching before you ask the question increases your chances of a good answer.

Ideally, you formulate the question focussing on the topic you are thinking of. Let’s say How can Google help me understand my gout better or more simply Google Gout. Then, search for that in the box at the top of the GoutPal page. Either, the results might help you, or not. Or partially. So, your next step depends on those outcomes:

GoutPal Google Helped Totally
Non-members should leave feedback on the result that helped them. Because that positive feedback reinforces the value of the article.

Members should post an equally encouraging message in these forums. For the same reasons, and because I like to be stroked, pampered and petted. 🙄

GoutPal Google Helped Partially
Non-members should ask for clarification in the feedback form on the result that nearly helped them. Because that prompts me to improve the text for future gout sufferers.

Members should post in these gout forums with:
Title = your search phrase.
Description =
1. Why you searched for that phrase.
2. Which result almost helped (link to actual page).
3. Why it didn’t quite help.
4. Everything else you have tried.
Because that puts your question into context, giving the best chance of a relevant answer to you. Also, it prompts me in the same way as page feedback.

GoutPal Google Didn’t Help
Your response is almost the same as for nearly helping. Except you cannot link to a specific page. But, you can refer to the phrase you searched for.

Unfortunately, non-members cannot leave feedback on the current version of GoutPal Search Results page. However, if that is a service you want, you can suggest it in the usual places.

Other gout information sources
Please note that the above also works for all information sources. If you’ve read something that helped you share it with others in the Gout Resources forum. But make sure you summarize key points and say why they helped you.

Similarly, ask about other gout information that you disagree with or otherwise find unhelpful. Also, if other information confuses you, give a specific link to it. Because that is much easier to respond to than vague “Why are there horror story accounts of people who gain 50 pounds …”