Reply To: Three Stage Gout Pain Prevention Plan

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Three Stage Gout Pain Prevention Plan Reply To: Three Stage Gout Pain Prevention Plan

d q
Participant

@Keith – Hello mate, thanks for getting back to me.

1. I’ll fire up a separate thread for this point as I feel it would provide us both with greater granularity.

2. Just so I understand your answer about the colchicine a little better. So you don’t or didn’t really use strong NSAIDs like naproxen or diclofenac and instead used ibuprofen and paracetamol with colchicine for accute attacks?

The reason I ask is on the arthritis research UK website (http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/gout/treatments.aspx) it says NSAIDs with colchicine shouldn’t be taken? Unless I’m understanding your previous post (#4401) incorrectly and ibuprofen isn’t really considered a strong NSAID?

P.s. Would two colchicine tablets you take when you used to get an accute flare be an hour apart or would they be 12 hours apart (morning / evening)?

3. Would that be the same approach as naproxen? Continue to use for two days after symptoms have subsided?

Thanks Keith 🙂