Reply To: Mild gout attack? What are mild gout symptoms?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Mild gout attack? What are mild gout symptoms? Reply To: Mild gout attack? What are mild gout symptoms?

davidk (old forum)

Craig- I share Zip’s concerns that with low SUA, this may or may not be gout. One thing is clear, you have run into the same challenge as the rest of us in finding competent medical professionals. Please go see a Rheumatologist as soon as possible. they are gout experts and if it is gout, that’s who you need to see. I agree with Zip, you may not want to start Allopurinol yet. I don’t see that you’ve tried colchicine; you may want to consider that-it’s for pain and inflammation for gout and in my experience works better than prednisone- I’ve used both – a lot.

I have the same big toe problem as you and I was months before I could walk without a limp and asked the same questions; why does it not go away even in the midst of a flare up. But, some differences: I had UA levels above 9 and I had frequent major flare ups where the joint turned red and was extremely swelled up and you can’t put any pressure on it at all- no limping. So, you are missing the high UA and major flare ups that are typical of gout.