Reply To: Lingering pain & weakness 6 weeks after gout flare

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Lingering pain & weakness 6 weeks after gout flare Reply To: Lingering pain & weakness 6 weeks after gout flare

cjeezy (old forum)

LOL! Your post is funny! and somewhat true..except I’m not married yet and I already spent the damn $150 bucks for the home kit (should receive it next week).

This stuff is really starting to tick me off but I appreciate your confidence that it will eventually go away (temporarily of course). 5 weeks of this crap and it’s still not gone? wtf? I know I’ll eventually need to take a Rx every day, but I think what I’ll probably do first is try and get through this attack completely (If that ever even happens!) and do the moderation thing for a while…just to see how long it takes for another attack to happen…UNLESS My UA levels are very high. Then I’ll start the pill sooner.

I’m not going to obsess about triggers either. If I get another attack in the next year then I’m going to ask my Dr to start me on 100mg of Allopurinol to see if a minimal dosage can help lower UA levels below 6.5.

Question about the home kit, if I’m on a Rx, is the home kit and accurate way to check my UA levels and the success of the drug? Or do I need to go back to the Dr every couple weeks?