Reply To: Lingering pain & weakness 6 weeks after gout flare

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Lingering pain & weakness 6 weeks after gout flare Reply To: Lingering pain & weakness 6 weeks after gout flare

zip2play (old forum)

Once you have had an attack, a serum uric acid of 6.5 is NOT low enough to avoid others. It may be fine for some one with NO uric acid crystals, but once you have had your first attack you will NEVER reach the point of no uric acid crystals and thus you cannot have supersaturation.

Control below 6.0 is minimum treatment and control below 5.0 is optimal. Do not settle for 6.5.

I described my 9 days of MURDER TOE and my 22 colchicine ad nauseum. I immediately began 300 mg. allopurinol and took my UA down to 4.7 by the next week. When the pain ended abruptly on colchicine, there was no lingering soreness at all in my toe…not for a single day.

Yes, I get twinges years after if I am walking all day in the Summer sun, but never an attack or what I would call gout-related pain. I don’t doubt that the gout attack DID some damage to my bunion joint permanently and it will never be perfect but that is different from a gout attack.

So there are two different scenarios for gout attack aftermath: with allopurinol and without.