Reply To: My Gout Attacks won’t Stop despite Allopurinol

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum My Gout Attacks won’t Stop despite Allopurinol Reply To: My Gout Attacks won’t Stop despite Allopurinol

Bob Bertles
Participant

Hello again..As I mentioned in my earlier post my Rheumatologist wants me to switch to Uloric when I have 3 weeks of no attacks. I didn’t think three weeks would happen. Being my UA levels have been 4.5 or lower and no red flags with liver and kidney check ok , I have read info here and everywhere, how to stop it…well since 4 days ago I have been gout free…???..I read where a few cases it took eliminating all fructose, fruit and all…no sugar period!! I stopped all sugars 4 days ago..no fruit no added sugar…coincidence?? I don’t know, all I know the last 4 days I have been pain free. I am waiting to see if it holds..my best hope yet! As happens to me usually..the minute I say things are alright, Bam..back to Ibuprofen and joint rest. She has me on 5 mg prednisone and 6 mg Colchicine daily so go figure..will report back in a few days…not sure I want to start over with Uloric??