Reply To: Can I liquefy tophus without damaging skin?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Can I liquefy tophus without damaging skin? Reply To: Can I liquefy tophus without damaging skin?

nobody
Participant

I’m not sure what question you mean to ask… perhaps you looking for information about health care regulations, prosecution of white collar crimes, patents or capitalism?
The practical matter at hand here is more straightforward: if someone’s health costs are covered by some form of insurance or government program, of course they’re going to want to make use of whatever therapies are available. Would you want them to refuse therapy for the sake of whatever superior good you have in mind?
Another practical matter is that the class of drugs in question is uniquely effective for people suffering from large tophi. And it happens that Krystexxa is to my knowledge the only drug of that class to be approved for use in cases of gout. Now there are doctors willing and able to use different drugs. But Krystexxa is probably your best chance if you live where it is available.