Reply To: H. Pylori and Gout – Cause & Effects

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum H. Pylori and Gout – Cause & Effects Reply To: H. Pylori and Gout – Cause & Effects

urankjj .
Participant

Hi Rich, You might want to read this as it could be helpful to you, as it was for myself and my gout problems. It does get a bit technical, but It may have some insights to some of your earlier questions.

[admin: link updated to more recent report]
Lu, Li-juan, Ning-Bo Hao, Jian-Jun Liu, Xue Li, and Rui-Ling Wang. “Correlation between Helicobacter pylori Infection and Metabolic Abnormality in General Population: A Cross-Sectional Study.” Gastroenterology research and practice 2018 (2018).

In this study, we revealed that H. pylori infection was in association with uric acid

Also:
Ndebi, M. E. “The assessment of risk factors, lipid profile, uric acid and alanine aminotransferase in Helicobacter pylori-positive subjects.” International Journal 6, no. 9 (2018): 2889.

Our study therefore suggests that H. pylori infection can cause modifications of lipid parameters and uremia that are considered as risk factors for cardiovascular diseases and gout. […] our data showed that H. pylori infection significantly modified serum uric acid level. Previous studies demonstrated that chronic H. pylori infection involves significant increase in uric acid serum level