Reply To: Almost a vegan, how to make it a gout safe diet

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Almost a vegan, how to make it a gout safe diet Reply To: Almost a vegan, how to make it a gout safe diet

Keith Taylor
Participant

For the avoidance of doubt, Stephen, I should reiterate that you will be best served by working directly with a professional nutritionist to ensure your vegan diet is suitable for you. Then, if you like, I can share the research links with your nutritionist about the metabolism of different types of purines.

Also, a professional nutritionist will assess your fluid intake requirements as part of their diet review. Significantly, some people find blood pressure is lowered by insufficient fluid intake. Although this is not simple because it requires simultaneous assessment of sodium intake and other minerals.

But, if you can’t find a suitable nutritionist, we can review all the relevant research together. However, we will need to start with a 3-day diet review, which I can arrange with you. Usually, I consider 2 week days and 1 weekend day, depending on your lifestyle. Please note that diet, in nutritional terms covers all intake of food and drink, including supplements, as well as exercise.