Reply To: Gout flares at a low urate level – How long?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout flares at a low urate level – How long? Reply To: Gout flares at a low urate level – How long?

Bob Bertles
Participant

I too had serious attacks being on 400 mg of Allopurinol for almost 2 years. I had large tophi deposits surgically remove from my big toe joints during that time. My uric acid level was down to 4.5..the lowest it would go with 400mg of Alloputinol…with red meat, high fructose corn syrup, shell fish and alcohol removed from my diet. While we were in transition to Uloric waiting for a flare up to subside I read a couple stories of a couple people having to stop all fructose being sugar and fruit from their diet and their attacks stopped. When I did that my attacks stopped. Now I don’t know if it was a coincidence or what but when my flare ups stopped I switched to Uloric and since I have not had a flare up. It has been about 90 days. I recently ate an apple between a meal and the next day my foot swelled alittle and had very mild pain. So I’m not sure what that was. I had a couple bites of apple pie and no problem..so I’m testing the waters so to speak. All I know is that with that being said I see some light at the end of the tunnel. My Uric adic check two weeks ago was 3.7. My Rhum told me before I would have to learn what my triggers are and I think now I can learn from here. Hope you can figure it out. I wouldn’t wish it on anybody..its the worst pain I ever experienced!!