Reply To: Febuxostat dose change. Or different time of day?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Febuxostat dose change. Or different time of day? Reply To: Febuxostat dose change. Or different time of day?

nobody
Participant

How long you would take 100mg should depend on your test results, gouty symptoms and the subjective side effects of the dose increase. We’re potentially talking years but maybe you could try to aim for a slightly lower dose such as 90mg after a while depending on what 100mg does.
I don’t know much about the effects of a large febuxostat dose over the day but based on the little I know, I’d cut rather than alternate. My rheuma agreed on that point but we were discussing much smaller doses. You could also try taking your dose at a different time to see if that makes a material difference by the way (tests have shown the effect is slightly different if you take the pill on an full as opposed to empty stomach).
At this stage, I wouldn’t recommend a daily colchicine dose. If you were to feel incoming gouty symptoms a few days after the dose increase though, you could go for a pill just in case (and quit colchicine once that went away).