Reply To: Update on my Weight Loss & Uric Acid

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Update on my Weight Loss & Uric Acid Reply To: Update on my Weight Loss & Uric Acid

Rebecca Nahid
Participant

Thank you I haven’t got too much to lose my starting weight was 12 stone 4 pounds and I would like to get to around 11.

I’m 5 foot 5 and completely ignore my BMI as it’s a load of rubbish. I look awful if I go below that the thing is it will take longer when there is less to lose as the losses are not so big each week but I don’t mind.

Starting to get some odd pains again around my gout joint but I got this last winter and I am wondering if it is related to the temperature drop again and my circulation issues?

Well I’m here I just wanted to ask as well how often is it recommended to have my uric acid tested? I had it done in June and it was 4.8 which was in the normal range I know the first year of taking allopurinol they recommend every three months to check the Liver but I’m thinking every six month is suitable for me to monitor liver and uric acid levels?