Reply To: Febuxostat dose change. Or different time of day?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Febuxostat dose change. Or different time of day? Reply To: Febuxostat dose change. Or different time of day?

d q
Participant

Hi, yea I’ll stick with 100mgs for a little longer and see how that goes. Once I do those bloods in a few days I’ll report back. The convenience of that single 80mgs dose was so ideal – this splitting thing can be cumbersome at times.
Can’t I just split 10 pills and keep them in a pill box!?

I know we discussed this but with a sporadic result like 408ummol, could it be a cluster of crystals dissolved and is what raised the UA levels? The reason I am asking is the blood test was taken literally 48 hours later and the only TWO thing occurred/changed prior;

1. I changed to taking Febuxostat with food rather then without. Maybe the amount of medication absorbed is slightly less? (Which I have stopped BTW).

2. The ‘possibility’ of a gout attack two days prior to the blood test (although that would reduce numbers slightly wouldn’t it?)

Cheers.

p.s. Just out of curiosity would another way of playing this be taking 120mgs for a few months and then roll back to 80mgs..? (Lower results –> quicker return to lower dose approach)?

re, re:
“We hope this information proves useful to you” – do me a favour, all bu***t.