Reply To: Finally faced the reality, so far not liking some details

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Finally faced the reality, so far not liking some details Reply To: Finally faced the reality, so far not liking some details

nobody
Participant

Hi!

I don’t know if you can trust your meter. The meter itself might be fine but the blood you feed it might not be representative of what’s running in your larger veins/arteries.
I assume you’ve been taking allo for a few weeks if not a few months. So get another lab test done and try to test with your meter immediately before or afterwards. The meter might be getting the changes right while reading too high.
In any case you should get a lab test to see how your body lives with the allo (you want to watch the kidney and liver values in particular). If you’re doing fine, you could take a bit more than 300mg/day. Note that if you’re taking ibuprofen every day, that could also explain bad liver values in particular (allo isn’t always the problem).

Going from zero to 300 isn’t recommended but what’s done is done. Now it’s just another reason to do get a blood test done!

In your situation, I wouldn’t bother with sinovial fluid and simply stick with allo for a bit.

I’ve used a gel containing a NSAID. It works better on some joints (the smallest ones) than others but the pills are more effective anyway, assuming your body doesn’t react badly to prolonged use of NSAID pills.
If you have inflammation that won’t go away, you could try combining colchicine and a NSAID.
For a serious attack, you could try a larger NSAID dose first (get your doctor to approve the dose you’re planning to take). You don’t want to take a huge amount every day for too long but if a large dose ends your attacks quickly, that might be the best course of action as long as your body is doing OK on NSAIDs.