Reply To: Exposure to cold virus increases uric acid dramatically

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Exposure to cold virus increases uric acid dramatically Reply To: Exposure to cold virus increases uric acid dramatically

Keith Taylor
Keymaster

What I’ve experienced is seemingly random changes in uric acid test results.

That’s also my experience. And has been noted repeatedly over the years by many recovering gout sufferers. Mainly because you often get a “clump” of old crystals hidden by our immune system shield. Suddenly, that shield buckles as some old crystals dissolve. Then that cache of crystals is more open to dissolving in the bloodstream. Leading to a spike in uric acid blood levels.

But there are lots of other factors. Including weather, hydration levels, food intake, exercise levels, etc. So I guess we might add viral and infection reactions to that list. Which only add to the randomness.

My solution is simply to look at averages. […] after the therapy, spikes shouldn’t be a problem anymore.

That is a great takehome message to all gout patients. Because they can realize that despite pitfalls, their determined effort to control uric acid will definitely lead to long-term freedom from gout.

Finally…

And hello Keith! Long time no see.

Thank you nobody! It’s been a very strange year for me since Gout or broken bones for maximum pain. But thankfully almost over since I realized I needed a little help with the mental scars.