Questions for Rheumatologist
Wondered if I could call on your experience once more? We are going back to the rheumatologist next week. She previously was hostile to discussion of whether or not febuxostat or allopurinol had a better profile in terms of side-effects.
My husband, with extensive lifestyle and diet change, and meds, seems to finally have his flares under control. He is currently on 80 mg Febuxostat daily (he decided himself to lower the dose from 120 mg), 1 500 mg naproxen and 20 mg omeprazole in tandem with the NSAID. We don’t have recent urate results. But will have after the appointment. This is the first time in a decade his gout has been under control.
My question – is this a time to continue as we are in terms of meds, or to try and lower or alter doses? What questions should we be asking of the consultant at this point?