[Support request] Control Gout Pain Plan, so Marc can get back to work comfortably

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Personal Gout Diaries Personal Gout Diary: Marc Fehr Control Gout Pain Plan, so Marc can get back to work comfortably

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Keith Taylor 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1004.66
    GoutPal Scholar Badge Rank: Scholar

Marc, I’m starting this structured help plan in response to:

I had surgery to remove the crystals on my left foot, 3 weeks ago. It was very bad.

And now it is attacking my right foot. I know I’m probably not supposed to do this, but I am using colchicine and indomethacin on top of the Allopurinol I started last week (Tuesday May 16th I believe). Oh and I should note, the colchicine and indo don’t really work on me anymore. BUt I gotta do *something*

Firstly, I’m appalled that your doctor has not prescribed adequate pain relief for your first few months of allopurinol. We can do a separate plan to make sure allopurinol is effective in the long run. But, short term, I want you to be confident with gout pain control. That way, you can get back to plumbing, and work without fear of debilitating pain.

For this to work, I have to be able to see your gout facts without having to trawl through lots of posts. So, I want you to summarize your facts in one or more new topics. See Organizing your Personal Gout Diary. But if that isn’t clear, just ask.

The priority for me is to be able to see exactly what gout medications you take now. However, it might also be useful to include historic details of old gout prescriptions. Also, meds for other conditions are sometimes important. So, include everything that you take at the moment. As well as prescriptions, please also include any OTC meds and herbal supplements.

When I have that information, I can advise you what you need from your doctor for effective pain management.

Learning Gout Together image

Let’s learn about stopping your gout pain together.

You should log in to GoutPal to reply to this topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can post a reply via the orange Gout Help button, or raise a new GoutPal helpdesk ticket.