Gout and Protein Intake

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout and Protein Intake

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Keith Taylor 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Irfan Majid

I have mild gout problem and for the past few years I have totally cut down on red meat products. However, I feel this has lowered my overall body resistance and strength.

How can I maintain my required protein levels while avoiding the uric acid problem?

[Posted via GoutPal Helpdesk ticket #2815 from an old forum post about Protein And Uric Acid Connection. The most relevant gout guideline is Protein Rich Foods: Current Recommendations. Protein information on GoutPal needs updating.]

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1123.04
    GoutPal Scholar Badge Rank: Scholar

A small amount of meat in your diet is important for balanced health. If you adopt a vegetarian diet, be sure to eat sufficient dairy protein and vegetable protein. Spinach, asparagus, and broccoli are particularly good sources of protein.

I’m concerned that you say ” I feel this has lowered my overall body resistance and strength. ” You should consult a doctor if diet changes make you feel unwell.

I’m also concerned that you do not mention your uric acid levels.

To eat healthily for gout, you must monitor uric acid levels. Then, you can plan gout control properly. I can help you plan your diet if you wish.

You should log in to GoutPal to reply to this topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can post a reply via the orange Gout Help button, or raise a new GoutPal helpdesk ticket.