Hi Patrick

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  d q 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

d q
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 335.61
    GoutPal Scholar Badge Rank: Scholar

@Patrick

Hi mate, I was just wondering if you checked messages on this forum board?

Patrick
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 106.96

dq, Heck yes I do. But sometimes when I check this site, I’m pressed for time. I tend to check the site when I’m at work in the city where I get better internet reception. I live in the mountains and my internet is sketchy up there, even with satellite service.

Why whats up?

d q
    Participant

Good to hear back from you mate!

I just wanted to personally give you all my best wishes for your dad mate.
    I know your going through a hard time with treatment etc. and I didn’t want to just inject it into some ongoing gout thread.

You take care brother and if you need anything from across the pond (UK) then you let me know.

Take care always pal.

Patrick
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 106.96

Thanks brother. I’ll tell you something d q. My dad is my best friend. He always has been. He’s been there for me all my life. He’s 74 years old now, but has been in great shape until about a year ago when he started having liver problems. My father doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, eats healthy, and exercises every day. It appears he got dealt a bad hand with a bad liver, and the docs can’t figure out why.

On Thursday, my sisters and I got the horrible news that he only has about 3 months to live. That’s it. We were devastated. It was soul crushing news, but we plan on doing as much living as we can with him, until he just can’t go anymore.

I have a tremendous support system at home with my wife and kids, my coworkers at my fire station have donated shifts for me to be at his bed side, and my family and friends have been more than I can ever ask for.

I truly, truly appreciate the kind words buddy. The next few months will be extremely tough and emotional, but in the end, I know I have no regrets. My father knows exactly how I feel about him and I take solace in that. Thanks again, buddy.

d q
    Participant

Hey pal, I’m so so sorry to hear the news.

Life really can be hard but on the flip side of the coin, as you say you are building a fantastic bond with your family (kids and wife). Remember, that is amongst the most sought after hopes people in life have. Remember when we were kids thinking I can’t wait to have a family and have beautiful children and a fantastic wife. Well mate it seems you have that so be proud. Your dad is proud of you too and despite he’s condition I am sure you feel it. That is one of the greatest achievements.

I too have a very close relationship with my dad and believe it or not HE TOO is 74..!

You look after him the best you can, find him the best treatment you can and enjoy every single second to the best you can.

Once again mate, I’m here if you need anything at all.
    Even if you just want to talk or write.

Take care pal and be well always.

You should log in to GoutPal to reply to this topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can post a reply via the orange Gout Help button, or raise a new GoutPal helpdesk ticket.