Infection in finger gout.

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Infection in finger gout.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nobody 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Emer Bayron
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 2.97

I have a finger gout for 4 years and pain attack is on and off and this week I notice it has pus inside. After 2 days I consult the orthopaedic and got surgery to pop out the pus and have medication for 1 week,everyday antibiotic through injection and oral for 5 days,after I saw my finger not really healed still little swollen and there is blueish around the wound. I want to know about this condition because I feel tingkling pain in my finger.

nobody
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 478.51

Hi,
    Infections should to be dealt with separately from gout.
    Gout is a slow disease which is dealt with by lowering the amount of uric acid in one’s body. How much uric acid is there in your blood (it’s a routine test)?
    Infections on the other hand need to be treated seriously and without delay. If your antibiotic isn’t doing its job, you might require a different antibiotic. Or you might have a health condition which complicates healing after surgeries. Either way, you need to see a doctor.

You should log in to GoutPal to reply to this topic.

If you need more information, get it from Keith Taylor’s Log-in Help.