Migrating joint pain

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Robs2850 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Robs2850

I had previous episodes of gout but after being bitten by a brown recluse spider, the pain would stay in a joint for 1-2 weeks then take 2 days off and then move to the other side (left to right or vice versa) and stay another 1-2 weeks before moving back. The location (Knee, ankle, foot, wrist, etc.) would vary also.

So, if anyone has migrating pain get checked by a doctor. The bite will have 2 faint puncture sites within the circular reaction area. The bite area will be easily seen for around a year.

I gave up all alcohol, most high fructose corn syrup and reduced my protein consumption and the last attack ended 9 months later. BUT, I have never had another gout attack after 5 years now. All raised deposits disappeared from my knuckles, also.

No need to respond. I just thought you should be aware of that kind of pain (Migrating joint pain) so if anyone gets it, they can be advised check for bites. It was horrible and unrelenting pain. The rheumatologist said insect poisons can stay in your system for about a year.

This is the best gout site.

Thank you.
    R

You should log in to GoutPal to reply to this topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can post a reply via the orange Gout Help button, or raise a new GoutPal helpdesk ticket.