Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Gout

Parathyroid tumor and gout. How are they linked?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Parathyroid tumor and gout. How are they linked?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chase Maclennan 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Toni Lee

Does anyone know how a parathyroid tumor and gout correlate? I believe it can give u gout but once removed does gout go away?

Sent from my iPhone

Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Gout

Thyroid and Parathyroid locations

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1170.05

Hi Toni,

I hope you can tell me more about your parathyroid tumor. Because I’m a gout sufferer with no medical training. So I want to make sure I’m researching the right disease interactions for you.

I have limited information about thyroid problems linked to gout. Now I’m guessing that I need to expand that to cover your thyroid disease. So, if you tell me about your parathyroid disease I can focus my research on the right area.

Toni Lee

Hi there it’s parathyroid not thyroid. I had a para removed very high calcium in the body.

Since removal, I have had many gout attacks. Also, I have read parathyroid can cause gout attacks because of calcium being so high.

Sent from my iPhone

Alice Rolfs
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ -1.36

I read somewhere but don’t remember where that a large number of Gout sufferers have hypothyroidism. Not sure where they got their facts but there it is.

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1170.05

Thanks Toni and Alice for your experiences. But I really need to know where you read the parathyroid and hypothyroidism information before I can comment on it.

Do you have any Internet page links? Or article titles?

Chase Maclennan
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 3.07

I have read online that hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism can partly cause gout. Both can influence blood sugar levels. Gout is associated in dis-regulated blood sugar levels and diabetes.

You should log in to GoutPal to reply to this topic.

If you need more information, get it from Keith Taylor’s Log-in Help.