Serum urate level current

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Serum urate level current

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rebecca Nahid 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Rebecca Nahid
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 73.73
    GoutPal Enthusiast Badge Rank: Enthusiast

Serum urate level current share with you all the results of my recent blood test liver and kidney and everything all fine

A few months ago it was 0.27 mmol there has crept up slightly to 0.29 mmol but I know that still puts me safely in the normal zone should I be mindful of the slight increase or not worry too much about slight fluctuations? thank you in advance I have recently returned from Turkey where it is extremely hot 45 degrees most days

nobody
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 470.84
    GoutPal Scholar Badge Rank: Scholar

The good news is that you have more data. It affects your average result which is what matters most.
    I don’t think the difference between individual results is significant. If you had done more testss, you’d know how stable your results normally are. All I can tell you is that mine randomly vary by a good bit more than 0.02.
    The difference might not be totally random though. Depending on the exact circumstances of these two tests, the extra heat might explain the slightly higher result.
    In any event, there is definitely no cause for worrying as long as future tests do not come back with even higher numbers.

Rebecca Nahid
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 73.73
    GoutPal Enthusiast Badge Rank: Enthusiast

Thank you have other results to go by as well last year which was my first gout attack for years I had my levels checked and it was 0.4 mmol so obviously a little high started allopurinol February of this year and by April it will come down to 0.3 so this tells me that it’s steadily keeping down now which is definitely good news especially as I’m on a low dose of 100mg

You should log in to GoutPal to reply to this topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can post a reply via the orange Gout Help button, or raise a new GoutPal helpdesk ticket.