Supplementing with Iodine may have Ended "My" Gout!

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Supplementing with Iodine may have Ended "My" Gout!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Randy Smith 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Randy Smith
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 3.40

Since starting to supplement with Iodine, and after reaching the 1.5 mg level, I noticed I haven’t had any gout attacks, nor has my foot felt this good since well before I ever had my first gout attack 38 yrs ago. I wasn’t taking Iodine for this purpose, it came as a very welcome, and unexpected bonus. My Uric acid level is now at hi mid-range instead of extreme high range. It used to be that I felt like an attack of Gout was always just around the corner, as the ball of my foot would vary in sensitivity, but not any more. I’ve swim fins that vary in hardness at the point where each one comes into contact with the ball of my foot, so I’d have to put the softer one on my gout prone foot to be comfortable while wearing them, but now it doesn’t matter, and that’s a first since owning them for the last 30 some years. I know of another person who has also had his Gout go away since also starting to supplement with Iodine. This person had gout so bad he couldn’t continue his previous job, and had to tend to his health until he was able to return to work in another occupation. In fact it was his mentioning of how starting Iodine had ended his Gout, that made me realize that I also was experiencing the same benefit from Iodine supplementation. I knew something was different about how my foot felt, but hadn’t connected it with the Iodine until then. I hope this helps others, it sure has me, and I’m liking every bit of it!

Dub Siren
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 2.94

Hi Randy,

Congratulations on your recovery and healing, and thank you for sharing your story.
    May I ask you, “how do you take the iodine”? I have just ordered Lugols 15% solution.

An Iodine and Gout cure that I came across on a different website, someone claimed that by painting the effected sore joint with Iodine, this actually lowered the pain and the swelling significantly. So it would appear that there is something in Iodine that might eliminate or at least regulate Uric acid crystals.

I have been on Allopurinol for about 10 years now, and it has completely eliminated my ( Chronic) gout, I can eat and drink anything I want now, but I tend to play safe and still avoid the really bad triggers, for me, Seafood and Pork.

I hope your “cure” continues to work, the pain of Gout is beyond most peoples’ comprehension.

Best wishes

Ken

Randy Smith
    Participant

Hi Dub Siren,
    I take it orally diluted in water, I have JCrow’s brand Lugols Solution(2%). Every cell in the body needs, and uses, Iodine. If a person’s cells don’t have all of what it takes to function at 100%, how can they? And if you’re one of us who are genetically inclined to manifest a deficiency of Iodine as the symptom, Gout, then I think we should supplement with Iodine. But who knows what all can lead to Gout, I don’t! I’m glad I was one of the lucky ones to stumble across this what appears to be relationship between Iodine deficiency and Gout, and I’m very grateful. I still have a bottle of Indomethacin 50 mg capsules available, but it just sits there getting older and older. Not much profit in Iodine for Pharmaceutical companies, so I can understand their lack of interest in it. I hope you’re able to find what leads to your manifestation of Gout attacks, and are able to end the vile extremely painful attacks. There are good books on Iodine, if you’re interested, by Dr Brownstein, Lynne Farrow, and others I’m sure.
    Good Luck, and I mean it!
    Randy

Dub Siren
    Participant
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 2.94

Hi Randy,

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I think what you and your friend have discovered is amazing, and all the more so that the big decrease in your Gout is a happy by-product of the Iodine, and therefore cannot be said to be a Placebo effect of taking it.

I,m going to start taking the Iodine daily, and as you suggest read up more on the subject ( thanks for the tips).

Wishing you happiness and great health,

Ken

Randy Smith
    Participant

Same to you Ken!

You should log in to GoutPal to reply to this topic.

If you need more information, get it from GoutPal’s Log-in Help.