Forum Replies Created
Thanks for the reply, off the back of your comment i have found several papers and trials which do state that its safe to take febux during a flare, I’ll check with the doc that hes delaying me for a different reason, otherwise i’ll get started. I don’t want to wait until i’m clear as this has been ongoing continuously in one form or another since November.
You are also correct about dosage, I’m taking 2000 micrograms a day of colchicine, and am allowed to take up to 4 x 400mg of ibuprofen during a flare up which i’m doing now.
I’m going on the 27th jan to have full bloods done, and until then have ordered a home UA test kit to see if any of the readings i get at home correlate to my results.
I’ll check with the doc re the cobix vs nsaid.
many thanks for your input again my friend.MashupsoldierParticipant
Thanks for the reply.. so if I said my doc started me on 300mg of allo daily would that sound weird? I haven’t checked the mg on the febux yet to see what it is, but it says one tab a day..
I was told that I had to be 4 weeks gout free before I could start taking the febux.. I’m currently on colchicine trying to calm this flare up, so that I can start counting the four weeks down.. tbh my doc has been asking me what I’ve read so far on the forums so it’s not a great confidence booster.. 😂. He told me the four weeks was for my UA levels to reduce after an attack, as the allo or febux could cause another attack if my count was still high..
Another doc I met told me to keep taking 1000mg of colchicine while I started the allo.. this is the first forum I’ve seen with any good advice so I’m all ears..