GoutPal Members explains how membership of GoutPal works. Also, it helps you get more from your free GoutPal Membership.
GoutPal Members Overview
At the present time, I am focused on completing the PDFs service for GoutPal members. So, if there are other issues about GoutPal membership that you need to know now, please let me know. You can make a suggestion for more membership help. Or, just ask in the gout forum.
GoutPal Members Ranks
As you post topics and replies or read other gout sufferer’s thoughts, you learn more about your gout. Then, you can apply that knowledge to control your own gout. So, the more you commit to using the gout forum, the faster you control your gout.
To measure your commitment, various activities earn commitment points for you that I call Ŧallars (Ŧ). So, as your Ŧallar score increases, you move up the ranks of GoutPal Members:
- Carer Ŧ 0.01 – Ŧ 4.00 (198 members).
- Detective Ŧ 4.01 – Ŧ 7.00 (16 members).
- Historian Ŧ 7.01 – Ŧ 20.00 (13 members).
- Researcher Ŧ 20.01 – Ŧ 50.00 (9 members).
- Enthusiast Ŧ 50.01 – Ŧ 100.00 (3 members).
- Scholar Ŧ 100.01 – Ŧ 9999999.00 (4 members).
Please note that each week you get a small reduction in Ŧallars as a member of this website. However, it is a small amount which you can offset easily simply by logging in and reading a few gout discussions each week. So, I strongly recommend that you sign up for my update service. Because you receive a daily email summary of all gout discussions. Then click on the ones that interest you to maintain your Ŧallar count (don’t forget to log in).
GoutPal Members Rewards
As thanks for your commitment, I make extra resources available to GoutPal members. These rewards are not essential to your gout recovery. But, they are usually small time-savers that help you with extra information. Because they save your time from searching the Internet for things like gout studies, recipes, etc.
Please note that, as of June 2017, I am introducing the following rewards. Therefore, it will be several months before all features are available. But, if you are interested in getting rewards quicker, please leave comments below.
- GoutPal Carer.
- Occasional GoutPal Member-only posts. These are usually sections within normal posts.
- GoutPal Detective.
- Summary of current suggestions. My review of all ideas for new and improved GoutPal information. Includes my thoughts on which ideas I’ll work on next.
- GoutPal Historian.
- Deleted gout information with commentary. Links to newer facts, or reasons why information is no longer relevant.
- Open Access gout and uric acid PDFs.
- GoutPal Researcher.
- Research notes for gout topics that I’m currently working on.
- Gout and uric acid PDFs availble from publishers and related sources.
- GoutPal Enthusiast.
- Drafts of articles prior to publication.
- Special gout and uric acid PDFs
- GoutPal Scholar.
- [Full articles, one month prior to publication. This is the way to read GoutPal without adverts.] Please note, this is a planned feature. So, if you have any interest in this (positive or negative) please add your comments below.
Read more About GoutPal’s Gout Network and gout support services.