- Almonds and Gout.
- Almond Milk and Gout.
- Is Almond Milk Good for Gout?
- Are Almonds Bad for Gout?.
- Milk For Gout
- Is milk bad for uric acid?
- Is milk good for gout?
Related Topics are often very useful
if you got here from a search and
this isn’t exactly what you need.
Almond milk is becoming a popular alternative to dairy milk. But it has not yet been included in any of the studies of milk, uric acid, and gout.
Therefore, I cannot find any specific recommendations about incorporating almond milk in a gout diet. So you should first rely on basic nutrition principles. Once you’ve established an acceptable eating pattern with your professional health adviser, you can discuss almond milk with them.
In particular, you should discuss potential benefits from general nutrition advantages from plant-based milk. But also be aware that some dairy products are associated with uric acid lowering benefits for gout sufferers. So you need to ensure that your health adviser considers all aspects of your medical history. In particular, make sure you discuss all the aspects of almond milk listed here. As well as the topics covered in Are Almonds Good For Gout Foodies and related pages.
Almonds and Almond Milk For Gout Image
Almonds and Almond Milk For Gout is my featured image for Are Almonds Good For Gout Foodies. There is a high amount of interest in almonds, almond milk, and gout. So I have added additional notes here. Though it is usually best to start with that main page. Then click the image to return here.
Almond Milk Purine Content
Firstly, almond milk is a plant-based food. So research tells us it is highly unlikely that vegetable purines raise uric acid.
Secondly, almonds only contain 37 mg/100 g purines. As such, they are a very low purine food (less than 50 mg purines per 100 gm). Depending on recipe, 100 grams almonds will produce up to 1 liter (4 cups) of almond milk. Such recipes also produce filtered almond solids that do not form part of the milk. Unfortunately, there is no published data for the purine content of almond milk. However, we can deduce that less than 100 per cent of purines will leach into the milk. So almond milk purine content is insignificant.
Is Almond Milk Good for Gout?
GoutPal Foodies tend to focus on purine content of certain foods. Whereas GoutPal Dieters focus on how their overall eating patterns affect their uric acid blood test results. So dieters consider uric acid excretion as well as purine consumption. However, both dieters and foodies want to know, "Is almond milk good for gout".
To that end, we know that alkaline foods encourage uric acid excretion. Though almonds, like most common nuts, are slightly acidic. Almond milk (per 100 calories) is very alkaline. Therefore, almond milk will encourage uric acid excretion. So we can answer, "Yes, almond milk is good for gout". Though the overall effect on uric acid blood test results will vary between different gout sufferers. So you should discuss this with your doctor before trying almond milk. In particular, consider uric acid excretion rate tests.
Be aware that you can customize GoutPal pages to add your own facts and concerns. Click any highlight, such as 'almond milk' to learn more.
Is Almond Milk Good for Gout Related Topics
Please remember: to find more related pages that are relevant to you, it's usually faster to search for your biggest almond milk concern.
Is milk bad for uric acid?
For progress on resolving this concern, please see Is milk bad for uric acid.
Is milk good for gout?
I explain this concern at Is milk good for gout.
Is milk good for uric acid?
I explain this concern at Is milk good for uric acid.
Is Almond Milk Good for Gout References
- Choi, Hyon K., Karen Atkinson, Elizabeth W. Karlson, Walter Willett, and Gary Curhan. “Purine-rich foods, dairy and protein intake, and the risk of gout in men.” New England Journal of Medicine 350, no. 11 (2004): 1093-1103. Vegetable Purines and Gout.
- Kaneko, Kiyoko, Yasuo Aoyagi, Tomoko Fukuuchi, Katsunori Inazawa, and Noriko Yamaoka. “Total purine and purine base content of common foodstuffs for facilitating nutritional therapy for gout and hyperuricemia.” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin (2014): b13-00967.
- Kanbara, Aya, Masayuki Hakoda, and Issei Seyama. “Urine alkalization facilitates uric acid excretion.” Nutrition journal 9, no. 1 (2010): 45. Alkaline Diets Help Excrete Uric Acid.
- Keith Taylor. Acid-Alkaline Nut and Seed Products Food Chart. Foodary Nutrition Facts Jan 30, 2012 (accessed Sep 14, 2020).
- Keith Taylor. Acid-Alkaline Milk Substitutes PRAL List. ALKAscore Food Lists, Nutrient Tables, and Diet Scores Sep 1, 2020 (accessed Sep 14, 2020).