Reply To: Gout Seeker Archive

Keith Taylor
Participant

Malcolm, I’m sorry that my information about gout groups is confusing. I will correct that, but it might take a couple of days. I should make it clear that groups are just my way of organizing gout sufferers. When I know which type of gout sufferer you are, I can make my responses more meaningful. I hope you can be patient. I’m on vacation at the moment (currently New Orleans), so my time is limited.

On your blood pressure, I had a relevant experience. This might not apply to you. But, I have what is often called “White Coat Syndrome”. When someone measures my blood pressure, it rises. For me, this was proved with a 24-hour portable blood pressure testing unit. So, when I need a blood pressure test, I perform my own test on the equipment provided by my doctor.

I’ll answer your other topic as soon as I can, Malcolm. But, you are already in the Gout Recce Group, if you are trying to decide between pharmaceutical, herbal, or dietary gout treatment. In practice, gout sufferers often choose a mix. If you already know which type you prefer, you ‘move’ to the appropriate group. Then, we can determine the best therapies for your gout pain, and for controlling your uric acid.