Reply To: Personal Gout Diary: LManion

Keith Taylor
Participant

It’s not the Alkaline Ash diet, which is scientifically disgraceful. Yet perfectly designed to help Internet Marketers make loads of cash. Even the “alkaline diet for dummies” book uses it. I’m trying to battle against it with the correct way to score alkaline diet. But, I’m finding it difficult to get time to keep that site alive.

Also, I found “In defense of food” and realized that food scoring systems are probably overvalued. So I turned “Eat food, not too much, mostly plants” into EFSEP. Another grand idea of mine that needs some effort. Ah well, maybe next week. Anyway, thanks for reminding me of it in your Week 6 update. I think I need to spend some of my gout time on my nutrition websites.

The more I read, the more I realize how healthy food is more important. Drugs have their uses in correcting diseases. But, I think it’s wrong to use them to correct bad diet. To be clear, I’m not saying that gout is an eating disorder. But, treating gout with allopurinol without correcting bad diet will just allow other diseases to hit us. So, we end up with gout fixed, then get heart disease, diabetes. Or, one of the other metabolic syndrome X diseases.